Saturday, November 17, 2012

Foil and Alcohol Inks Challenge.

Hello Everyone.
Welcome to  Our Creative Corner.
Susan here again to inspire you for another week, with some dazzling creativity not just from me but from my teamies as well.
Before I get into the business of explaining the Challenge for this week, I have a little gripe! And I can honestly say I do not gripe often, but today I am going to have a gripe!

So please read the post!

 Total number of Challenges you are allowed to enter is:
 FOUR, including ours!
Last week we had some amazing entries and I was impressed at the talent and quality of work that was on display, it was exciting for me to see such wonderful backgrounds, and very inspiring, and there were many winners, but every-time I thought 'this is the one' I had to disqualify because the entrant had participated in too many Challenges!!!
It was so disappointing.
 It is a rule that we have made of late and it has to be adhered to ..........  Please follow this rule we have set, enter your amazing projects and have the chance to be our next Top Talent, where your Blog and creations will be spotlighted.

Now back to the good stuff.

Here is the next challenge: 
Foil and Alcohol Inks!
The technique of dripping Alcohol Inks onto Foil has an amazing effect. 
The item you make can be anything; a free standing decoration,  or an element to place onto your project, experiment and have some fun, it is getting close to the silly season, so why not let go and free all those inhibitions and let rip with some colour!
Be inspired now by the design team, that I have the privilege to work with. 

Foil Doily with Alcohol Inks applied.

Foil sky, roof, tree and ground snow with Alcohol Inks and Gesso

Flowers have been die cut from foil and then coloured using Alcohol inks.

Banner Die Cut upside-down from Tin, Embossed, then colored with Alcohol Inks & Glimmer Glaze

Meihsia Liu -  Simply Paper Crafts

Kim Price - Inkognito


Irena Kowalczyk/Rudlis - love, life and crafts

Liliana Inguanti-Garcia- Stampin from home

Linda Coughlin - The Funkie Junkie

Sharon Wheet - Designs by Sharon



8 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a fun challenge!! Unfortunately I do not have any alcohol inks. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting technique, they look different in a good way.
    sorry you're having trouble with the # of challenges. I don't think I've joined in on yours lately because of that rule, but if I forgot and am guilty, I extend my apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've entered your challenge for the first time today, having been pointed in your direction by a crafting pal. I'm assuming the challenge closes on November 23rd and NOT the 16th as stated though.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much amazing inspiration from the DT this week. Love what you have all done here. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I had forgotten how much I love playing with the challenge technique!. Looking at the extraordinary Design team examples was also a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for once again a lovely challenge and great inspiration from the DT!

    Hugs,
    die amelie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful challenge, and I made it on time this week, if only just lol
    Fabulous samples from the DT as always.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool challenge Sue. Loved digging out the alcohol inks! Don't use them enough

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx