Thursday, January 31, 2013

Top Talent Thursday





Welcome back to
Our Creative Corner.
Today, at Top Talent Thursday we introduce to you; TRACEY from the delightful Roman town of Newark-on-Trent in Nottinghamshire, England.
This town is steeped in history, but most will know it as a place that the famous heroic outlaw in English folklore supposedly came from; ‘Robin Hood and his Merry Men!)
No Merry men here though, only one very talented lady and it is my pleasure to welcome and introduce the winner of the ‘Silver and Purple Christmas’ Challenge:
TRACEY.-Inkypinkycraft.

Let us learn a little bit about her.
1.) Where do you Live?
I am originally from Kent, and now I live in Newark Nottinghamshire, with my husband and three children.

2.)Are you a day-time or night-time crafter?

I would love to craft all day long but with a 3, soon to be 8 , and 10 year old that doesn't happen! So I am a weekend and morning crafter and find that that is when I work best ! Daddy steps in to play with the children and I craft, lucky me!

3.) Do you work on more than one piece at a time?
If I am making tags , I tend to do one at a time, but, if I am making larger or more complex pieces that need drying time ( and time is precious) I tend to have more than one piece on the go at once!
I am really experimenting with lots of canvas and painty pieces as well as vintage makes and have lots scattered about as Lucy ( age 3 ) loves painting too, so we sometimes craft together in the kitchen! I usually have lots of part started pieces on the go!

4.) Any inspirational words you can share?

To enjoy the journey and believe in yourself. I do lack confidence in my own abilities, and am trying hard to believe in myself and be true to myself and in doing so enjoy the journey of creating and growing! So I guess it would be to believe in yourself and be yourself and not compare yourself to others.

5.) Bathroom, Craft-room, or car. Which do you clean first?

Craft-room . When in the middle of creating, I craft and craft with things strewn all over as the mood and inspiration takes me..usually until I have a teeny tiny space to craft in on my desk. Then I tidy and clear the decks to start all over again!
( Anyway luckily my husband does the Bathroom!!)

6.) What supply wouldn't you do without when it comes to stamping?

Distress inks, distress inks and distress inks.
There are so many crafty products that I love but I cannot imagine a crafty world without Distress! Love it!

If you love Grunge/Steampunk then you are going to love what Tracey has made for us.
























Thank you Tracey for being our 'Thursday's Top Talent'  and sharing such wonderful inspiration with us!
Please pop over and pay her a visit.....
Tracey's Blog -Inkypinkycraft.

If you want the chance to be part of Top Talent Thursday on Our Creative Corner, then just join in our current Challenge here you still have some time to participate.


Smiles:)
Sue.

"The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it."
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.


5 comments:

  1. Amazing steampunk Tracey - your 'rusted background' is superb. Beautifully designed artwork. I love all the embellishments. So great to see your talents being highlighted here and to learn more about you. I'll pop over to your blog to see the 'how to'. Enjoy your day in the limelight. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing steampunk Tracey - your 'rusted background' is superb. Beautifully designed artwork. I love all the embellishments. So great to see your talents being highlighted here and to learn more about you. I'll pop over to your blog to see the 'how to'. Enjoy your day in the limelight. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the chance to be your top talent! I had a ball making this piece and am chuffed to have been chosen trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey, I am blown away!! YES....your project is beyond amazing, but...your husband cleans the bathroom??? :D Now, back to the project.
    Your words of inspiration were perfect and I love that you craft with your kiddos as well. I'm certain you're setting them on a very confident and creatively expressive path and that's just wonderful. An outstanding display of your talents here. Thank you so much for sharing about yourself and congratulations again for being our Top Talent Thursday WINNER!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx