Tuesday, November 11, 2014

It's Magic - Natural Moments

Welcome back everyone!

Today I have the special honour to present our November Guest Designer here at Our Creative Corner!  

                                 Heather Jacob! Wow!

I am really proud she said "Yes" when being invited over to Our Creative Corner! I have been admiring her work ever since I discovered scrapbooking and her special way of doing it!

She has an incredible talent for composition and I love how she works with colours and textures! Her layouts speak of her love for nature and family and it shows especially with the love and labour she puts into detail. I adore the wonderful monochrome vintage colour schemes she creates and her grunge or shabby chic style. They're perfect!

Her work never fails to inspire me as it always tells of freedom in self-exploration through art. Something I truly admire with art in general. I am so grateful that Heather followed my invitation to share some of her fantastic art with us today at Our Creative Corner!

*******************************

Hi there everyone and a warm welcome to Our Creative Corner. I was both thrilled and excited to be asked by Kerstin to Guest design for the month of November. Thanks so much Kerstin, for including me with a bunch of talented creatives .


I love Vintage and I decided to use a photo of my beautiful Grand daughter Ella Jai taken by my talented daughter Tara .The sepia photo has been de-saturated, to create an aged look.

.
Below is my completed Layout .




I feel by having a kraft BG , this immediately suggests Vintage .All things Vintage and aged Old Keys, Sepia photos , chipboard, earthy/rusty  colors, clocks, kraft and lace .






The second tag is folded around the edge of the Layout .



 Begin layering and adding embellies
the chipboard has been colored with Distress stain / Rusty hinge .


Stamping and layering add interest and texture and also add to the Vintage feel .


I like to position my embellies around the page, moving them until I am happy .
Finally I adhere them with glue .


I altered the metal clock with black paint to follow the 
Vintage theme.


 The Dusty Attic chipboard title has been altered with Rusty Hinge Distress stain and then I stamped with a Kaiser stamp in black soot distress ink.


 Apply Ranger Distress Crackle Paint /Clear rock candy ..I use a palette knife to avoid brush strokes.



When the crackle is dry (I usually leave to dry overnight for the best effect ) I apply some black paint by dabbing over the crackle and then wipe the excess off with a wipe. Love this effect .

Another look at my finished Vintage Layout .


I hope you are inspired to try some of these vintage techniques. I feel the crackle gives a rich interesting effect .Thanks for looking at my work .

With love, light and warm hugz from me xoox





29 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so exciting! Thank you so much, Heather, for sharing the how-to with us at Our Creative Corner! I so admire your artwork and seeing some of the process behind it was a real treat!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your beautiful words die amelie ... I am very grateful to you ... hugz x

      Delete
  2. What an amazing meeting this morning: Heather herself! I'm so happy she shares here one of her wonderful layouts, in her style I admire so much! Thanks Heather for inspiring us, and for the step by step show. Lys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thanks so much for praising me about my work . I breathe your words into my soul x

      Delete
  3. Heathers creations are always beautiful and she does vintage to perfection! This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww my beautiful friend Lizzy, such lovely words for me to read and breathe in .. big big hugz to you x

      Delete
  4. Heather is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! This is gorgeous! I love love love that photo, the colors, the layers and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much my friend Jules... you always give me so much love x

      Delete
  5. totally amazing Heather! Gorgeous and loved seeing you create it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much beautiful debbie .... big big hugz to you beautiful friend and love your soul ... big hugz x

      Delete
  6. This is truly amazing, what a wonderful vintage LO! Love everything about this gorgeous work of art!!! Many thanks again for your guest design project by Our creative corner! Hugs, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow !!! thank you my friend for asking me .... totally my pleasure and I loved doing the step by step for you .. I was pleased the way it worked out in the end .. my first attempt was in greens and then I decided to change to kraft and sepia tones .... thanks again for asking me .. big big hugz to you x

      Delete
  7. This is just amazing Heather! The neutral palette is perfect for such a gorgeous vintage layout, and a perfect way to showcase the Sepia image of your Granddaughter! I love your use of the tags and the antique time piece is a wonderful trinket! Masterpiece! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a fan of Heather's LO's so was nice to see this one here and her process as well. It's wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVED the step by step......such a super duper vintage page....those tags with the little black fasteners look sensational......& now I've found a new blog through Heather! Win-win for me....glad you had her 'guesting':):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the techniques you've shared Heather, your layers are fabulous. I also hadn't been to this blog so am glad I had the chance to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous 'au natural' layout, Heather! Just a lovely Guest Designer showcase of your beautiful layouts!! Love the details and embellies! XOXO-Shari T.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great GREAT layout ! Love your work ! Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful to have Heather's work here!!! This is pure Heather at its very best and wonderful to have a little step by step too, thanks for that Heather. This is a stunning LO around a fantastic photo of Ella! Great inspiration, like always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your layout is just stunning. The walk-through is so helpful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another example of your magic fingers creating beauty on a page. Love this photo of your DGD and the step by step showing your process :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes this is a stunning layout Heather and I love the step by step. So interesting to see how people work.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Heather! What a beautiful layout, and stunning vintage piece. I'm loving that clock and the tags are a perfect touch! You have certainly put a lot of love into this scrapbook page, and your granddaughter is gorgeous! It'a ALL so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How absolutely stunning! AND how to do a layout just the way I would like to be able to do one! Love the techniques you've used too.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heather is one of my favorite artists. Her work always inspires me and this layout is no different. This one has some techniques I can't wait to try out. Thank you Heather for always inspiring me to keep exploring new adventures in art. xxx Laurie Moore

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a fabulous page, a real beauty!!!! amazing creation, congrats! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very nice and extraordinary kind of Scrabbooking Artwork. I like it very much.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx