Friday, April 22, 2016

Top Talent For 'Sew & Sew' Challenge

Good morning everyone. Julia here with another Top Talent spot to inspire you. This time we have the very creative winner of Jan's Sew & Sew challenge:


Before we see the gorgeous project that Roni has made for her Top Talent spot, let's hear a little more about our wonderful guest in her own words:

Where do you live?  I live in Albion, Indiana, USA - a very small rural town in the mid-west.

What makes you smile? So many thing...experimenting with a new art medium; tearing the wrapping off of a new ink pad or inking up a stamp for the first time; finding a stash of vintage ephemera waiting to be loved, jumping in and getting messy...  I like the hands on approach to art and enjoy getting inky!

What is your favourite style of crafting?  I'm a bit of an eclectic artist - it depends on what mood I'm in and what has inspired me on a particular day.  I can go from CAS all the way to the other spectrum and get down and dirty with paint, inks and ephemera!

Name one product you couldn't live without and tell us why. Memento Tuxedo Black Ink - It's such a lovely ink to work with, it produces nice dark impressions and can be used with a variety of other mediums.  

What was the last stamp set you bought? Graphic 45's Voyage Beneath the Seas Stamps

Paint or ink? Or both? Why?  Both!  There are just too many fun techniques where you can layer on more of both.  

My name is Ink Stained Roni and I was so excited when my sewing themed collage was chosen as the winner,  Little did I realize I would also be asked to be April's Top Talent ~ very thrilling.  I enjoy the challenges so very much here at Our Creative Corner that I decided to follow along with this months challenge - Gypsy Fayre. and created my project with that in mind.  


So I gathered up all of my spare beads and decided to make a chunky gypsy bracelet or at least what I would imagine they might wear.  I tried to incorporate as many of the beautiful bright colors from the inspiration photo and swatches as I could.  It was one of those projects that once I started I couldn't stop until it was finished.  Needless to say, my sweet husband had to wait on supper a bit that night.  He's a good sport though - he understands when inspiration hits you just have to go with it.

Thank you so much for allowing me to share more of my art with you and your readers.




Wow!! I adore beads and just love what Roni has done with hers. (I don't make jewellery and always have the greatest respect for those who can!) Even better that she cleverly based it on our current challenge Gypsy Fayre! I had to laugh when Roni said that both supper and a hungry husband couldn't stop the creative process! Roni, it has been a pleasure communicating with you and getting to know a little more about you from your Questions & Answers section. Thank you so much for taking the time to join us with your gorgeous bracelet. I hope everyone will pop over and visit you to see more of your creativity - just click here.

If you haven't joined in with Candice's wonderfully quirky challenge yet, just click here for the full details and link up with us. The winner of Candice's Gypsy Fayre challenge will be our final Top Talent spot. If you want to be that person, you need to get busy NOW!!

Thanks for joining us today and remember to visit the lovely Roni and leave some love!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - this is so gorgeous! LOVE your Gipsy bracelet, Roni!
    Thank you for being with us today and for sharing this beautiful project with us!

    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful bracelet, Roni! Bright colours and full of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FABULOUS Gypsy Fayre bracelet Roni and you even matched the colors on the Our Creative Corner inspiration board too. How fun is that???!!!! Loved reading your "interview" and visiting your blog. Very intriguing to learn how you made your bracelet. I can see a fun time amongst the folks in the Gypsy Caravan one evening with you dancing in the firelight wearing your LUSCIOUSLY COLORFUL bracelet!!!! What a WONDERFUL Top Talent post you gave us. Thanks bunches. j.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx